Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities with our member wineries.
EVENTS/GUEST EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR (F/T/ SEASONAL ) | BENCH 1775
Events/Guest Experience Coordinator
Bench 1775 Winery is looking for a presentable, friendly, customer-focused multi-tasker who enjoys organising & ensuring events run smoothly. The successful applicant will be responsible for handling all winery events, including weddings, from enquiry through planning and event service. The role involves a combination of administration, customer service, event supervision and communications. Ideally the Event/Guest Experience Coordinator would also provide front-of-house support when required and be available to coordinate all scheduled events for the 2018 season. This seasonal position is required immediately to the end of October 2018.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and ensure proper execution of all aspects of events including planning visits, set up and service, vendor recommendations etc.
- Manage the event calendar and BEOs
- Communicate with winery management & staff regarding potential conflicts between events & winery operations
- Prepare final event bill for client and collect proper payment according to contract & company policy
- Ensure health and safety, Serving It Right & liquor licence regulations are observed
- Assist with other front-of-house winery operations on an as-needed basis such as: assisting at the host station, bussing glassware for the Tasting Room, answering phone calls etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Must have hospitality and/or event coordination experience
- Serving It Right certificate
- Proven customer service background
- This position requires a work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, organise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Only applicants eligible to work in Canada need apply
Email resumes to: email@example.com
CHEFS (F/T & P/T) | CHAOS BISTRO AT EX NIHILO
Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
Chaos Bistro at Ex Nihilo Vineyards is looking for passionate full and part-time cooks to join our team this summer. The position will be available from June-October 2018.
We are a very busy winery and bistro which serves an assortment of locally sourced culinary delights. Wood fired pizza is our specialty, however, we also offer an assortment of salads, shared plates and wine paired menus.
A passion and willingness to develop your food and wine pairing knowledge is a must. Competitive wages and gratuities.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity that involves preparing culinary delights in a picturesque vineyard environment, we’d love to meet with you. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chaos Bistro – an epicurean journey Enjoy the Okanagan Valley in the fresh country air at Ex Nihilo’s outdoor CHAOS Bistro. Vineyards will surround you with fragrant aromas and beautiful vistas of the Okanagan scenery as you indulge in tasty eats. We present epicurean interpretations of Neopolitan wood fired pizzas, tapas and salads.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | EX NIHILO VINEYARDS
Ex Nihilo Vineyards is a boutique winery located in Lake Country. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals with a passion for wine for our busy tasting room and outdoor bistro from June to October.
The candidate must have either wine experience or wine education. If you enjoy interacting with people and providing excellent customer service and wine knowledge, we’d love to have you on our team.
Job Duties Include
- Educating our guests on wine, events and our winery
- Selling wine
- Assisting customers
- Promoting wine club
- Stocking shelves
- Light housekeeping
- Working events including weddings and concerts
- Assisting with shipping orders
- Private tastings (indoors and outdoors)
- Excellent customer service
- Sales experience is an asset
- Serving It Right certificate
- Food Safe certificate an asset
- At least 19 years of age
- Flexible schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Able to lift approx. 40lbs (a case of wine)
- Must be able to multitask effectively
- wine experience and knowledge
How To Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com (Only those selected for an interview will be contacted).
Ex Nihilo Vineyards – sense
Enter as strangers, leave as friends. It’s the only rule we have as you enter our Tuscan inspired tasting room. Join us and let our friendly staff guide you through our unique and personal wine journey.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (F/T OR P/T, SEASONAL) | LAUGHING STOCK VINEYARDS
Posted: April 16, 2018
Tasting Room Associate
- Do you love wine?
- Love to talk about wine and share your knowledge?
- Are you fit, fearless, enthusiastic, and engaging
Laughing Stock Vineyards is a boutique winery on the Naramata Bench near Penticton. We work hard at trying not to live up to our name, and thus aim to make serious wines with a light-hearted attitude. In the past 10 years, our winery has become one of the most respected and sought-after wine producers in BC. .
We are now accepting applications for a Tasting Room Associate for the 2018 season. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for wine, who is outgoing, enjoys meeting new people, is an effective and dynamic communicator, and can deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate has experience with wine sales and some formal wine education (ie WSET). Our ‘by appointment’ model allows you to connect with the guest, have engaging conversations about our award-winning wines and help them in selecting their purchases and joining our Preferred Share Wine Club.
- Engage with the guest on a one on one basis educating and telling our winery story in effective and dynamic way through tastings and sales
- Responsible for the daily operations of the tasting room including maintaining wine & merchandise levels, POS system use and cash out, organization & cleanliness
- Fearless enthusiasm, in a professional manner, for promoting wine sales & our wine club
- Packing wines and taking wine out to guest’s car when necessary
- Discerning the appropriateness of serving wine samples in regard to pour sizes, patron’s legal age and sobriety.
- Help the team meet sales targets
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Solid wine knowledge – WSET considered an asset
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lb cases of wine – Able to stand for long periods of time & navigate stairs
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Holds a Serving it Right certificate.
Time Period: May – October 2018. Shifts include weekends. This seasonal position ends in mid-October when the Tasting Room closes for the season, but will begin again in 2019. Part-time & full time available.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest, however only eligible candidates will be contacted
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ WINE AMBASSADOR | LULU ISLAND WINERY
Sales Representative/ Wine Ambassador
If you are looking for a part time or full time, fun and challenging sales position, and would like to join a dynamic team, Lulu Island Winery will be the one can provide you a great opportunity to build your career.
Lulu Island Winery is known to be the newest and largest winery in Richmond! It produces many quality wines including red and white table wines, fruit wines, and Canada’s very own Icewines. Lulu Island’s quality wines are all produced on site, using only best grapes from Okanagan and the best berries from Fraser Valley. We are dedicated with the production of flavorful and aromatic wines and are proud to sport the VQA stamp on all of our bottles.
We are committed to provide the best wine products to our valuable customers. Also, our knowledgeable and friendly staff promises to provide the best wine experience. As a sales associate, you will ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service.
Also, there are plenty benefits for being a part of Lulu Island Winery’s team, these include:
- Competitive rate plus bonus
- Great dental and medical benefit package
- Professional wine knowledge training
- Constant learning and development opportunities
- Motivated individual with a goal to provide exceptional customer service
- Confident and comfortable engaging with customers to deliver an elevated experience
- Initiates completion of tasks or activities without necessary supervision
- Excellent English communication skills
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must have valid driver license
- Wine knowledge or related background or second language is an asset
- Info on where/who applicants should send info/application to: Please kindly send your resume to email@example.com
Posting expires: November 30, 2018
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) | ROLLINGDALE WINERY
Full Time Seasonal Position
Rollingdale Winery is a small family-owned certified organic winery. Our focus is on producing fine wines using only premium grapes. Our loyal customers keep returning and sending their friends to see us, not only to try the wines that they love but for the great experience at our cellar door tasting bar where the staff are easy going, very knowledgeable and lots of fun.
- Pouring samples for customers and Educating them about our wines.
- Operating our Point of Sale system
- Keeping shelves stocked (involves lifting 40+lb cases)
- Light cleaning and tidying of the wine shop and picnic area
- Booking & Scheduling Tour Groups
- Maintaining wine shop displays, tasting menus, sign-up sheets, and merchandise
- Promoting our Wine Subscription Club
- Packaging orders for shipping and arranging shipments
- Opening and closing duties
- Enthusiasm for wine education
- WSET Level 1 or equivalent is an asset
- “Serving it Right” certificate
- Basic Computer literacy required – Microsoft Office skills are an asset
- Great social, customer relation and personal presentation skills
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for long stretches and work at a fast pace
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | STAG’S HOLLOW
Stag’s Hollow Winery is a family run winery and vineyard in Okanagan Falls, BC. We grow and produce small lot, high quality wines which have made Stag’s Hollow a top 10 Winery in Canada at the Canadian National Wine Awards in the past. Our reputation continues to grow as a winery who is producing new and interesting varietals and wines from all around the world here in the Okanagan. Do you enjoy wine? Are you a fast moving, hard worker who enjoys interacting with people?
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and sales oriented individuals to join our Stag’s Hollow team. We are hiring both Seasonal Full Time and Part Time Tasting Room Associates.
Required Duties and responsibilities of our Tasting Room Associate
- Welcome all guests and consistently provide an exceptional experience that is educational, engaging and positive.
- Open and close point of sales duties each day including balancing sales and cash
- Ensure Tasting room, patio and picnic areas are clean and organized and ready to welcome guests everyday
- Stock Tasting room shelves daily as needed
- Market Wine club to guests
- Process and package online customer orders
- Passionate about wine and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking successfully.
- Have great communication skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse group of wine enthusiasts and visitors
- Experience with Point of Sale transactions and credit card/cash handling
- WSet or ISG certification/training an asset
- Comfortable speaking with guests and leading tastings for small to larger groups
- Physically fit to stand for long periods during the day and able to lift 40lbs.
- Of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C.
- Hold a current Serving It Right certificate.
- Must be available to work most weekends.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
MULTIPLE RETAIL & CULINARY POSITIONS (P/T, SEASONAL) | TIME WINERY
TIME Winery in downtown Penticton, and Evolve Cellars in Summerland will be looking to fill their ranks with eager culinary and wine shop recruits very soon!
We are looking for entry and mid level experienced individuals to join our knowledgeable senior team. We are willing to train those looking to start a career in the culinary field.
The only requirements are; a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, the ability to take constructive feedback, an eagerness to succeed, and a positive attitude.
Why work for us?
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Competitive wages
- Flexible hours
- Potential year round work in Penticton for the right candidates
- Wine Shop Associates
- Restaurant serving staff
- Line cooks
- Prep cooks
For wine shop some experience would be an asset but a passion for food and wine is a must.
Seasonal and part-time positions available. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LANGLEY TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (F/T, YEAR ROUND) | TOWNSHIP 7 VINEYARDS & WINERY LANGLEY
South Langley Tasting Room Associate
Tasting Room Sales Associate | Full Time Position
Are you looking to work in a professional, fun filled, industry leading small winery, where you can work along side an enthusiastic team and entertain guest in a warm hospitable environment? Consider this opportunity as your employment goals are within reach.
Under the direction of the Langley Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Sales Associate position is responsible for providing the ultimate guest wine tasting experience at Township 7 Vineyards & Winery – South Langley. This person will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day focus on sales goals, wine club initiatives, and ensuring that all visitors to our Tasting Room enjoy a hospitable and positive memorable experience. This position will include regular weekday, weekend and holiday shifts with seasonal evening shifts. A passion and knowledge of wine including hospitality experience (2 years) is strongly recommended.
This position is a Full Time
- Greet all visitors and professionally pour wines for tasting purposes.
- Acquire and maintains thorough knowledge of Township 7 Vineyards & Winery and its wines.
- Provide an approachable and accurate description of the Township 7 Vineyards & Winery story and wines.
- Accurately handle purchase transactions, operate cash register and credit card processor.
- Record all inventory items including wine used for tasting purposes.
- Cleaning and organization as required such as glassware, tasting room display, work area (inside & outside) and washrooms.
- Represents winery at outside functions/festivals as needed as well as assisting with special events as needed.
- Answer any incoming calls and provide detail messages when required.
- Assists with display and pricing of wines as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Work with the Tasting Room Manager to execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences that build brand loyalty.
- Engage in teamwork and enthusiastic employee relations among the Tasting Room staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and/or situations and the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Perform efficiently in a fast pace environment utilizing multi-tasking skills.
- Ensure, by performance and example, that Township 7 Vineyards & Winery culture is consistently supported in all business and employee interactions, which includes both ethical and legal aspects, complying with federal and provincial laws and company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Professional appearance, approachable and positive demeanor.
- Must be available and willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have “Serving it Right” certification.
- Passion for knowledge of fine wine and willingness to learn more.
- Excellent hospitality, sales, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
Hourly and assuming 30-40hours per week plus wine club incentive program.
Employee wine discount.
To apply for the Tasting Room Sales Associate – South Langley, Township 7 Vineyards & Winery position, please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Thank you to all those who have applied. We will be in touch very shortly with all those candidates who we would like to invite for an interview.