Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities with our member wineries.
ASSISTANT MANAGER, WINE EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES (F/T) | ARTERRA CANADA
Arterra Wines Canada is Canada’s leading producer and marketer of wine and wine related products, with operations in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. The company’s portfolio includes great brands like Jackson Triggs, Inniskillin, Ruffino, Robert Mondavi and Meomi. We offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and administration. As a part of the Arterra team, employees are encouraged to improve their skills and performance throughout their careers through various professional and educational development programs. Arterra provides a robust onboarding program in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help employees integrate into the organization quickly and maximize their growth potential.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate, dedicated, team player who is self-motivated and goal oriented to fill the position of Assistant Manager, Wine Education & Experiences. Our new South Okanagan Wine Education and Experience Centre located in Penticton, BC will focus on providing exceptional wine tastings for engaged wine consumers.
As the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible to build, train and lead a team in delivering wine experiences and education at the wine centre to build knowledge of our South Okanagan Appellations and single vineyard, small lot wine portfolio. Reporting directly to the Manager, you will work in partnership, ensuring programs and initiatives are aligned with winery estate strategy.
Your key responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Develop, plan and manage hospitality programming including tastings, tours and exciting new guest experiences
- Host special visitors and media in tours and tastings
- Work with our Direct to Consumer team to develop experiences and strategies that attract new Wine Club members and add value for our existing membership
- Identify and recommend margin enhancing retail sales opportunities
- Develop strategies that will continue to target our key demographics and develop year-round business, including leveraging partnerships with accommodators, tour operators and other local business
- Work the front line behind the tasting bar as needed to support the team
Staff Supervision & Team Building
- Develop a fun, motivated and positive work environment
- Working with the Manager, hire and train Visitor Experience staff for sales, experiences and tours
- Supervise a seasonal team to achieve high service standards and financial targets
- Maintain and enhance a strong “wine culture” and quality image
- Ongoing development of staff; maintaining a focus on executing exceptional guest experiences and achieving financial targets
- Scheduling of all seasonal retail staff
Wine Centre Administration
- Report wine and retail sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Monthly banking reconciliation
- Perform wine and retail inventory counts monthly
- Manage supplier accounts and work with AP to ensure prompt payment of invoices
- Assist Manager with setting and monitoring performance on monthly and yearly sales and expense targets
- Post-Secondary Education or Equivalent experience (Primary Focus on Hospitality Management, Business, Sales and/or Marketing)
- A track record of success in a similar role with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience (Preference for specific winery experience).
- WSET Certification (Level II Minimum)
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of the history of the Okanagan wine growing regions and the growth of each region as well as passionate in one’s expression of the wine industry and wine theory in the Okanagan and outside our valley
- Self -motivated with the ability to follow goal setting while working independently
- Strong presentation and communication skills, to engage with people and to educate in an engaging manner.
- Willingness and desire to grow within the wine field of study and to continue one’s education
- Knowledge of a second language such as French, Cantonese, Mandarin, German, Japanese and Spanish would be a definite asset.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to create and modify PowerPoint presentations, Word and Excel documents as well as effectively utilize web-based tools and resources.
- Ability to learn and use multiple accounting, inventory and sales programs effectively
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with customers and peers.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 45 pounds.
VINTAGE CELLAR HAND | BARTIER BROS. VINEYARD & WINERY
Vintage Cellar Hand (3 positions)
All aspects of vintage work will be required, including help with the harvest, processing of grapes, fermentation, pumping, and barrel work, and a lot of cleaning. We’re working in a new facility, with good equipment. Training will be provided. Certifications, skills, and experience that will be helpful include:
o First Aid & CPR
o Forklift license & experience
o Applicable AgSafe training programs
o Vineyard & Tractor experience
o Winery specific work – sanitation, racking, processing, filtration, etc.
o Experience in any part of the wine industry
Candidates must be:
o Physically fit, able to spend extended time standing and moving, able to lift 18 kg.
o Able to provide their own transportation to/from work.
o Fluent in spoken & written English.
Vintage work in the winery is diverse. There’ll be some long hours, wet feet, cold hands, good music, barbeque, excellent wine, and an outstanding group of people to work with. There’ll be much learning for everyone.
Duration: F/T Seasonal
Approx. Sep. 1, 2018 – Nov. 30, 2018
Pay rate: $18 – $24 per hour, depending on experience and certifications
Expires: Aug. 15, 2018
Please send a cover note and resumé by email only to Michael Bartier email@example.com
EVENTS/GUEST EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR (F/T/ SEASONAL ) | BENCH 1775
Events/Guest Experience Coordinator
Bench 1775 Winery is looking for a presentable, friendly, customer-focused multi-tasker who enjoys organising & ensuring events run smoothly. The successful applicant will be responsible for handling all winery events, including weddings, from enquiry through planning and event service. The role involves a combination of administration, customer service, event supervision and communications. Ideally the Event/Guest Experience Coordinator would also provide front-of-house support when required and be available to coordinate all scheduled events for the 2018 season. This seasonal position is required immediately to the end of October 2018.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and ensure proper execution of all aspects of events including planning visits, set up and service, vendor recommendations etc.
- Manage the event calendar and BEOs
- Communicate with winery management & staff regarding potential conflicts between events & winery operations
- Prepare final event bill for client and collect proper payment according to contract & company policy
- Ensure health and safety, Serving It Right & liquor licence regulations are observed
- Assist with other front-of-house winery operations on an as-needed basis such as: assisting at the host station, bussing glassware for the Tasting Room, answering phone calls etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Must have hospitality and/or event coordination experience
- Serving It Right certificate
- Proven customer service background
- This position requires a work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, organise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Only applicants eligible to work in Canada need apply
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEFS (F/T & P/T) | CHAOS BISTRO AT EX NIHILO
Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
Chaos Bistro at Ex Nihilo Vineyards is looking for passionate full and part-time cooks to join our team this summer. The position will be available from June-October 2018.
We are a very busy winery and bistro which serves an assortment of locally sourced culinary delights. Wood fired pizza is our specialty, however, we also offer an assortment of salads, shared plates and wine paired menus.
A passion and willingness to develop your food and wine pairing knowledge is a must. Competitive wages and gratuities.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity that involves preparing culinary delights in a picturesque vineyard environment, we’d love to meet with you. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Chaos Bistro – an epicurean journey Enjoy the Okanagan Valley in the fresh country air at Ex Nihilo’s outdoor CHAOS Bistro. Vineyards will surround you with fragrant aromas and beautiful vistas of the Okanagan scenery as you indulge in tasty eats. We present epicurean interpretations of Neopolitan wood fired pizzas, tapas and salads.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | EX NIHILO VINEYARDS
Ex Nihilo Vineyards is a boutique winery located in Lake Country. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals with a passion for wine for our busy tasting room and outdoor bistro from June to October.
The candidate must have either wine experience or wine education. If you enjoy interacting with people and providing excellent customer service and wine knowledge, we’d love to have you on our team.
Job Duties Include
- Educating our guests on wine, events and our winery
- Selling wine
- Assisting customers
- Promoting wine club
- Stocking shelves
- Light housekeeping
- Working events including weddings and concerts
- Assisting with shipping orders
- Private tastings (indoors and outdoors)
- Excellent customer service
- Sales experience is an asset
- Serving It Right certificate
- Food Safe certificate an asset
- At least 19 years of age
- Flexible schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Able to lift approx. 40lbs (a case of wine)
- Must be able to multitask effectively
- wine experience and knowledge
How To Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Only those selected for an interview will be contacted).
Ex Nihilo Vineyards – sense
Enter as strangers, leave as friends. It’s the only rule we have as you enter our Tuscan inspired tasting room. Join us and let our friendly staff guide you through our unique and personal wine journey.
SEASONAL HARVEST WORKER | GRAY MONK ESTATE WINERY
Seasonal Harvest Worker
From the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, welcome to Gray Monk Estate Winery, which was established in 1972. The Gray Monk Estate is comprised of 75 acres of lush vineyards perched above Okanagan Lake, with stunning panoramic views, in addition to premium grapes sourced throughout the Okanagan Valley, to produce some of the world’s finest wines.
The winery is searching for three enthusiastic, self-motivated, goal-oriented enthusiasts to join our team, who will assist and support the Cellarmaster during 2018 harvest, with general winery work that includes wine movements, wine treatments, barrel work and sanitation of tanks, hoses, pipelines and general cleaning.
Specific tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Operate equipment to crush, press and process grapes
- Make material additions to juice and wine and transfer juice and wine volumes using a variety of pumps and hoses
- Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, processing equipment and winery
- Inoculating juice for ferments
- Monitor ferments by measuring Brix and temperature of juice/wine
- Operate equipment to perform pulsair aeration of tanks and/or pump overs and punch downs
- Follow written or oral procedures and policies and report any deviation to Cellarmaster
- Operate forklift to receive, weigh and stage fruit
- Read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined with experience on the cellar floor which includes experience in all aspects of crush work including previous barrel experience
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Forklift driving experience and must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations, operating procedures and company policies
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities Can lift at least 50 lbs and willingness to work flexible hours when needed
- Foreign workers must have appropriate VISA
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company’s “Employment of Relatives Policy” immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our “Internal Job Posting Policy”, internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Apply online at: https://andrewpeller.prevueaps.com/jobs/75377.html
PART-TIME WINE INSTRUCTOR | INTERSECTION ESTATE WINERY
Posted: March 9, 2018
Expires: September 1, 2018
The Vinstitute Wine School, located at Intersection Estate Winery in Oliver, is hiring part-time wine educators for the summer of 2018.
ABOUT THE VINSTITUTE:
Founded in 2016, the Vinstitute is the Okanagan’s first public wine education facility, offering weekly classes on the foundations and finer points of wine tasting and appreciation to both the casual public and wine enthusiast alike. Typical classes are two hours long and include a guided blind tasting of six Okanagan wines (not exclusively Intersection) to educate guests on details of tasting procedure and varietal distinctions as well as to provide palate training. Classes run every Saturday and Sunday with private classes throughout the week and special topic classes aimed at more educated guests held once per month.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a part-time instructor; the frequency of work is negotiable, and could range from regular weekly sessions to “on-call” status.
Candidates must be comfortable speaking in front of a group of 12-15 people, able to convey information clearly and with interest, and must be familiar with the wine industry to a degree sufficient to allow them to answer most basic questions. Formal wine training (WSET, etc) is not strictly required, but the candidate must be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge.
Due to the unique qualifications needed for this position and the intermittent hours, likely candidates might be:
- Otherwise employed in Winery Production work and looking for an additional outlet to explore the industry
- Students of wine education taking summer employment
- Candidates also interested in a position as a Tasting Bar Associate with Intersection (see companion job posting)
For more information or to submit a resume, contact Moss Scheurkogel at email@example.com or 250-498-4054.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (F/T OR P/T, SEASONAL) | LAUGHING STOCK VINEYARDS
Posted: April 16, 2018
Tasting Room Associate
- Do you love wine?
- Love to talk about wine and share your knowledge?
- Are you fit, fearless, enthusiastic, and engaging
Laughing Stock Vineyards is a boutique winery on the Naramata Bench near Penticton. We work hard at trying not to live up to our name, and thus aim to make serious wines with a light-hearted attitude. In the past 10 years, our winery has become one of the most respected and sought-after wine producers in BC. .
We are now accepting applications for a Tasting Room Associate for the 2018 season. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for wine, who is outgoing, enjoys meeting new people, is an effective and dynamic communicator, and can deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate has experience with wine sales and some formal wine education (ie WSET). Our ‘by appointment’ model allows you to connect with the guest, have engaging conversations about our award-winning wines and help them in selecting their purchases and joining our Preferred Share Wine Club.
- Engage with the guest on a one on one basis educating and telling our winery story in effective and dynamic way through tastings and sales
- Responsible for the daily operations of the tasting room including maintaining wine & merchandise levels, POS system use and cash out, organization & cleanliness
- Fearless enthusiasm, in a professional manner, for promoting wine sales & our wine club
- Packing wines and taking wine out to guest’s car when necessary
- Discerning the appropriateness of serving wine samples in regard to pour sizes, patron’s legal age and sobriety.
- Help the team meet sales targets
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Solid wine knowledge – WSET considered an asset
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lb cases of wine – Able to stand for long periods of time & navigate stairs
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Holds a Serving it Right certificate.
Time Period: May – October 2018. Shifts include weekends. This seasonal position ends in mid-October when the Tasting Room closes for the season, but will begin again in 2019. Part-time & full time available.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest, however only eligible candidates will be contacted
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ WINE AMBASSADOR | LULU ISLAND WINERY
Sales Representative/ Wine Ambassador
If you are looking for a part time or full time, fun and challenging sales position, and would like to join a dynamic team, Lulu Island Winery will be the one can provide you a great opportunity to build your career.
Lulu Island Winery is known to be the newest and largest winery in Richmond! It produces many quality wines including red and white table wines, fruit wines, and Canada’s very own Icewines. Lulu Island’s quality wines are all produced on site, using only best grapes from Okanagan and the best berries from Fraser Valley. We are dedicated with the production of flavorful and aromatic wines and are proud to sport the VQA stamp on all of our bottles.
We are committed to provide the best wine products to our valuable customers. Also, our knowledgeable and friendly staff promises to provide the best wine experience. As a sales associate, you will ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service.
Also, there are plenty benefits for being a part of Lulu Island Winery’s team, these include:
• Competitive rate plus bonus
• Great dental and medical benefit package
• Professional wine knowledge training
• Constant learning and development opportunities
• Motivated individual with a goal to provide exceptional customer service
• Confident and comfortable engaging with customers to deliver an elevated experience
• Initiates completion of tasks or activities without necessary supervision
• Excellent English communication skills
• Possess basic computer skills
• Must have valid driver license
• Wine knowledge or related background or second language is an asset
Please kindly send your resume to email@example.com
Posting expiration date: September 24, 2018
SEASONAL HARVEST LABOURERS | MISSION HILL FAMILY ESTATE
Seasonal Harvest Labourers
Mission Hill Family Estate has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location perched atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. Each wine we produce is an expression of precision viticulture, sustainable farming, and winemaking in our estate vineyards and winery.
Our Production team has the opportunity to use both traditional and modern winemaking techniques in a relentless pursuit of quality. As a Seasonal employee, we’re excited to provide you with experience in VQA and IBFIDW production using top of the line equipment and exposure to organic programming at an impressive scale.
A Unique Opportunity:
Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is recruiting flexible, energetic, and motivated employees to assist with seasonal/casual work in producing world class wines in one of the Okanagan’s largest and most sophisticated wine production facilities. The job will entail many aspects of wine production including packaging, cellar work, cleaning, general labour, and grape processing.
This seasonal casual position requires that you have a flexible schedule and shifts are “on-call”, varying between days, afternoons, and some graveyards from mid-August until mid-November, or as required.
Who you are…
You are committed to working in a safe and professional manner at all times. You bring a strong work ethic and have experience working in wineries, production, or in a warehousing environment. Working conditions vary, but you must be comfortable working in the general plant, warehouse, outdoor receiving areas, and damp cellar conditions. Most importantly you are a positive and enthusiastic team player.
- 2+ years of general labour experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Have a valid SIN or work permit number
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, navigate stairs, stand for extended periods of time
- Must have an excellent standard of safety, work performance, and attendance
- Able and willing to work indoors and outdoors in varying environments and conditions
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Available for all days and shifts, including weekends, evenings, and graveyard,
- Production and/or safety-specific certifications
- Fork Lift Operator’s Certificate
- Level III Industrial First Aid
- Previous experience working in harvest in a large production facility
- Passion for wine and wine production
Posting Expiration: Sept 1, 2018
Send Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WINE SHOP ASSOCIATES | ROAD 13 VINEYARDS
Posted: February 19, 2018
Expires: September 19, 2018
Road 13 Vineyards is a dynamic, family owned winery, located on the Golden Bench in Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country. We have been ranked in the Top 10 Wineries in Canada for the past 9 years and the named the #1 Winery in BC in 2017.
We are currently hiring seasonal (mid-April – October) positions for the upcoming 2018 season.
We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals with a passion for wine for our busy tasting room this season (mid-April to October). Wine experience is an asset, but not necessary – we are happy to share our knowledge with you. If you enjoy interacting with people and providing excellent customer service send us your resume!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Selling wine
- Assisting customers
- Promoting wine club
- Stocking shelves
- Light housekeeping
- Promoting events
- Assisting with shipping orders
- And other tasks as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Sales experience is an asset
- Serving it Right Certificate
- WSET (or similar) an asset
- Food Safe Certificate an asset
- At least 19 years of age
- Flexible schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Able to lift approx 40lbs (a case of wine)
Think you’d be a great fit to our team?
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) | ROLLINGDALE WINERY
Full Time Seasonal Position
Rollingdale Winery is a small family-owned certified organic winery. Our focus is on producing fine wines using only premium grapes. Our loyal customers keep returning and sending their friends to see us, not only to try the wines that they love but for the great experience at our cellar door tasting bar where the staff are easy going, very knowledgeable and lots of fun.
- Pouring samples for customers and Educating them about our wines.
- Operating our Point of Sale system
- Keeping shelves stocked (involves lifting 40+lb cases)
- Light cleaning and tidying of the wine shop and picnic area
- Booking & Scheduling Tour Groups
- Maintaining wine shop displays, tasting menus, sign-up sheets, and merchandise
- Promoting our Wine Subscription Club
- Packaging orders for shipping and arranging shipments
- Opening and closing duties
- Enthusiasm for wine education
- WSET Level 1 or equivalent is an asset
- “Serving it Right” certificate
- Basic Computer literacy required – Microsoft Office skills are an asset
- Great social, customer relation and personal presentation skills
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for long stretches and work at a fast pace
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | STAG’S HOLLOW
Stag’s Hollow Winery is a family run winery and vineyard in Okanagan Falls, BC. We grow and produce small lot, high quality wines which have made Stag’s Hollow a top 10 Winery in Canada at the Canadian National Wine Awards in the past. Our reputation continues to grow as a winery who is producing new and interesting varietals and wines from all around the world here in the Okanagan. Do you enjoy wine? Are you a fast moving, hard worker who enjoys interacting with people?
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and sales oriented individuals to join our Stag’s Hollow team. We are hiring both Seasonal Full Time and Part Time Tasting Room Associates.
Required Duties and responsibilities of our Tasting Room Associate
- Welcome all guests and consistently provide an exceptional experience that is educational, engaging and positive.
- Open and close point of sales duties each day including balancing sales and cash
- Ensure Tasting room, patio and picnic areas are clean and organized and ready to welcome guests everyday
- Stock Tasting room shelves daily as needed
- Market Wine club to guests
- Process and package online customer orders
- Passionate about wine and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking successfully.
- Have great communication skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse group of wine enthusiasts and visitors
- Experience with Point of Sale transactions and credit card/cash handling
- WSet or ISG certification/training an asset
- Comfortable speaking with guests and leading tastings for small to larger groups
- Physically fit to stand for long periods during the day and able to lift 40lbs.
- Of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C.
- Hold a current Serving It Right certificate.
- Must be available to work most weekends.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
MULTIPLE RETAIL & CULINARY POSITIONS (P/T, SEASONAL) | TIME WINERY
TIME Winery in downtown Penticton, and Evolve Cellars in Summerland will be looking to fill their ranks with eager culinary and wine shop recruits very soon!
We are looking for entry and mid level experienced individuals to join our knowledgeable senior team. We are willing to train those looking to start a career in the culinary field.
The only requirements are; a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, the ability to take constructive feedback, an eagerness to succeed, and a positive attitude.
Why work for us?
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Competitive wages
- Flexible hours
- Potential year round work in Penticton for the right candidates
- Wine Shop Associates
- Restaurant serving staff
- Line cooks
- Prep cooks
For wine shop some experience would be an asset but a passion for food and wine is a must.
Seasonal and part-time positions available. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LANGLEY TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE (F/T, YEAR ROUND) | TOWNSHIP 7 VINEYARDS & WINERY LANGLEY
South Langley Tasting Room Associate
Tasting Room Sales Associate | Full Time Position
Are you looking to work in a professional, fun filled, industry leading small winery, where you can work along side an enthusiastic team and entertain guest in a warm hospitable environment? Consider this opportunity as your employment goals are within reach.
Under the direction of the Langley Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Sales Associate position is responsible for providing the ultimate guest wine tasting experience at Township 7 Vineyards & Winery – South Langley. This person will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day focus on sales goals, wine club initiatives, and ensuring that all visitors to our Tasting Room enjoy a hospitable and positive memorable experience. This position will include regular weekday, weekend and holiday shifts with seasonal evening shifts. A passion and knowledge of wine including hospitality experience (2 years) is strongly recommended.
This position is a Full Time
- Greet all visitors and professionally pour wines for tasting purposes.
- Acquire and maintains thorough knowledge of Township 7 Vineyards & Winery and its wines.
- Provide an approachable and accurate description of the Township 7 Vineyards & Winery story and wines.
- Accurately handle purchase transactions, operate cash register and credit card processor.
- Record all inventory items including wine used for tasting purposes.
- Cleaning and organization as required such as glassware, tasting room display, work area (inside & outside) and washrooms.
- Represents winery at outside functions/festivals as needed as well as assisting with special events as needed.
- Answer any incoming calls and provide detail messages when required.
- Assists with display and pricing of wines as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Work with the Tasting Room Manager to execute engaging, educational, and memorable positive guest experiences that build brand loyalty.
- Engage in teamwork and enthusiastic employee relations among the Tasting Room staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and/or situations and the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Perform efficiently in a fast pace environment utilizing multi-tasking skills.
- Ensure, by performance and example, that Township 7 Vineyards & Winery culture is consistently supported in all business and employee interactions, which includes both ethical and legal aspects, complying with federal and provincial laws and company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Professional appearance, approachable and positive demeanor.
- Must be available and willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have “Serving it Right” certification.
- Passion for knowledge of fine wine and willingness to learn more.
- Excellent hospitality, sales, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
Hourly and assuming 30-40hours per week plus wine club incentive program.
Employee wine discount.
To apply for the Tasting Room Sales Associate – South Langley, Township 7 Vineyards & Winery position, please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Thank you to all those who have applied. We will be in touch very shortly with all those candidates who we would like to invite for an interview.
BC VQA WINE AMBASSADOR | BC WINE INFORMATION CENTRE
BC VQA Wine Ambassador
Looking for a Career in the BC Wine Industry?
The BC Wine Information Centre is the Gateway to Wine Country and is considered the Okanagan’s Premium Destination BC VQA Wine Marketplace. We offer the best selection of BC VQA Wines complimented by local artisan food and lifestyle products. We are a Not for Profit Society that has proudly contributed over $300,000.00 to the local community of Penticton.
Why work for one winery when you can represents hundreds…Join the dedicated team at the BC Wine Information Centre in the role as a BC VQA Wine Ambassador.
What You Offer:
- “Can Do Attitude” with Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Above Average Wine Knowledge – WSET/Sommelier Certification Preferred
- Ability to Work Weekends with Some Evenings
- Strong Work Ethic
- Previous Retail Experience with Strong Computer Skills
- Ability to Lift 30 Lbs
What We Offer:
- Great Company with a Terrific Team
- Part-Time Seasonal Position
- On-going Training & Educational Opportunities
- Above Average Compensation and a Generous Staff Discount
Please forward your letter of introduction and resume by August 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org – Attention Donna Faigaux