- Did you know that there are 14,500 restaurants in British Columbia.
- Restaurants are working to reduce waste by using recycled and compostable packaging.
- BC Wine and BC Beer have pride of place on BC restaurant menus.
LOCAL CRUSH TIME | #BCHarvest
BC Tastes Better
- There are over 25 artisan cheesemakers located all over the province, from Comox to Creston.
- Combined, BC’s cheesemakers make over 100 different types of cheese, showcasing local takes on beloved styles of cheese, from brie to gouda to blue.
- 98% of dairy farms are family-owned and operated, with an average of 135 milking cows per farm.
- BC wild spot prawns are hermaphrodites: they are all born male but become female at age two.
- BC wild Pacific halibut are born with an eye on each side of their head but then the eye migrates to the topside and they become “flatfish.”
- BC harvests 100 species of fish, shellfish and marine plants.
- The Delta Grand Okanagan’s Oak & Cru Restaurant features more than 50 Okanagan Valley wines.
- Quaaout Lodge & Spa located between the Thompson and Shuswap wine regions features a traditional sweat lodge.
- There are 153 member hotels across BC’s wine regions.
HARVEST INSPIRED LISTS AND ROUTES
MORE TO SEE AND DO