- Did you know that there are 14,500 restaurants in British Columbia.
- Restaurants are working to reduce waste by using recycled and compostable packaging.
- BC Wine and BC Beer have pride of place on BC restaurant menus.
BC Winemaker Harvest Check In Video
Wines of BC Explorer app.
Day in the Life of the BC Winemaker video
LOCAL CRUSH TIME | #BCHarvest
BC Winemakers Mix:
Rust Wine Co. | Harmony Hall, Vampire Weekend
Mt Boucherie Estate Winery | Move all night, SNBRN
Noble Ridge Vineyard and Winery | Crazy Train, Ozzy Osborne
Nk Mip Cellars | Folsom Prison Blues, Johhny Cash
CedarCreek Estate Winery | Strange River, Tim Baker Forever Overhead
Bartier Brothers Vineyard and Winery | Devil’s Brew, Moe Koffman
Dirty Laundry | Something About You, Elderbroock
Rocky Creek Winery | I Have The Touch, Peter Gabriel
On Cloud Wine Songs:
Harvest Moon, Neil Young
Strawberry Wine, Deanna Carter
Dust on the Bottle, Dave Lee Murphy
Champagne Supernova, Oasis
Red Red Wine, UB40
Hole in the Bottle, Kelsea Ballerini
Harvest Time, Luke Bryan
Champagne Night, Lady Antebellum
BC HARVEST FAST FACTS
- BC’s most planted grapes: Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir.
- A grapevine might have seven pounds of fruit (or more, or less), so with 2.6 pounds of fruit per bottle, one vine can produce between two and three bottles of dry wine.
BC terrior is unique – not as cool as you might think – with 16 hours of sunlight a day, that is 10% more than Napa Valley.
BC Tastes Better
- There are over 25 artisan cheesemakers located all over the province, from Comox to Creston.
- Combined, BC’s cheesemakers make over 100 different types of cheese, showcasing local takes on beloved styles of cheese, from brie to gouda to blue.
- 98% of dairy farms are family-owned and operated, with an average of 135 milking cows per farm.
- BC wild spot prawns are hermaphrodites: they are all born male but become female at age two.
- BC wild Pacific halibut are born with an eye on each side of their head but then the eye migrates to the topside and they become “flatfish.”
- BC harvests 100 species of fish, shellfish and marine plants.
- The Delta Grand Okanagan’s Oak & Cru Restaurant features more than 50 Okanagan Valley wines.
- Quaaout Lodge & Spa located between the Thompson and Shuswap wine regions features a traditional sweat lodge.
- There are 153 member hotels across BC’s wine regions.
HARVEST INSPIRED LISTS AND ROUTES
MORE TO SEE AND DO