Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Looking for a way to boost your resume and stand out from the crowd? Expand your BC wine knowledge and achieve a new certification.
Learn More about our Wines of British Columbia Ambassador Program here.
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities.
CELLAR HANDS | NOSTALIGIA WINES
Nostalgia Wines is looking for a couple Cellar Hands to assist with 2023 harvest and custom crush clients.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintaining a high standard of cellar hygiene
- Assisting with grape intake and processing
- Following cellar orders as instructed by the winemaker
- Cleaning grape handling equipment
Attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Previous cellar experience and forklift competence are desirable but not necessary
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN | PENTICTON WINE LAB
Join the exciting and dynamic team here at the Penticton Wine Lab. For over 16 years, the lab has specialized in testing wine, grape juice, cider, and spirits. We are looking for a Part Time/Full Time Laboratory Technician for the Fall/Winter season and beyond. He or she must have previous lab experience and experience using Word & Excel. Wages start at $ 17.00/hr.
- VQA Analysis: Free & Total SO2, pH, Titratable Acidity, Volatile Acidity, Residual Sugar, Alcohol.
- Protein Stability, Tartrate Stability.
- Bentonite Trials.
- Enzymatic Analysis using a spectrophotometer: Malic Acid, Yeast Available Nitrogen, etc.
- Microbiological Analysis: Membrane Filtration for Bacteria, Yeast/Molds, Brettanomyces.
- Entering laboratory results onto computer.
- Washing laboratory glassware.
How to Apply: To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expiry: December 31, 2023
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | CLOS DU SOLEIL WINERY
Tasting Room Associates
Clos du Soleil Winery is looking for tasting room associates to join the fun and fabulous tasting room staff at Clos du Soleil, a BC winery in the Similkameen Valley, for the 2023 season – with the potential for position to grow and continue after the tasting season ends. If you possess the following qualities and this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- physically fit and strong, able to lift full cases of wine
- willing to work with the other incredible and talented staff at Clos du Soleil!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- pouring/selling wines for visitors in our tasting room
- ensuring the tasting room is kept clean and tidy at all times
- packing cases of wine to fulfill online orders
- packing cases of wine to fulfill club orders
- encouraging visitors to sign up to wine club
- perform other duties as required
- This is a part-time position, with potential for more hours if requested, and all applicants must be able and willing to work weekends.
- The position runs from April 2023 to October 31st 2023. However, as mentioned the position has the potential to grow and and continue after the tasting season ends.
- Some knowledge of the industry is an asset, but not necessary – training provided.
- Serving It Right certificate required.
- FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate is an asset but not required.
- Prior tasting room experience is not necessary but will be taken into consideration.
How to Apply: To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
ONGOING PHOTOGRAPHY MODEL CASTING CALL | WGBC
Ongoing Photography Model Casting Call
Couples enjoying wine and food tourism experiences safely indoors and outdoors i.e. tasting room visits, vineyard strolls, restaurant dining, scenic viewing, and various wine activities from hiking to yoga.
Filming Location: Kelowna to Penticton, BC
All couples: Couples between ages 30 – 60, comfortable on camera, swirling, smelling wine.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Release Form: Release forms will need to be signed and submitted in advance of photoshoot.
Information: Models with past photoshoot experience preferred, relaxed in front of a camera, creative, able to provide a wardrobe with options aligned with wardrobe guidance document.
COVID-19: In accordance with current COVID-19 provincial restrictions couples must be from the same immediate household or within the same core bubble and able to transport themselves to photoshoot locations from Kelowna to Penticton.
Compensation: $25 / hour and BC wine gift package. Invoice with times to be submitted at end of shift.
Who We Are
For us, being grounded is where it all begins. While our wine regions in British Columbia are distinct, they share rich, bountiful landscapes that deepen the bond between people and this place. Our unique cool-climate terroir provides premium conditions to produce exceptional wine, while the awe-inspiring beauty at every turn is cherished by visitors who arrive from near and far. Our winemakers are down-to-earth, with the grit, experience and refinement to make wines that are a lasting expression of the place where they were grown and crafted. Our wines stimulate the senses, bringing you back to the moment, and back to yourself.
The Wines of British Columbia represent the unique, welcoming and diverse people of our wine industry in British Columbia. We are an authentic voice that expresses the unique qualities of our breathtaking wine regions. Our overarching role is to oversee and represent the main facets of the British Columbia wine industry. These include “Certified 100% BC grape wine” and the “Wine Regions of British Columbia.” These are seen as core branded products or offerings of the Wines of British Columbia Master Brand. We are confident, stimulating, grounded and breathtaking.
Interested models should submit their headshots, photos and cover letter outlining qualifications to info@WineBC.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for the photo shoot will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
WGBC Member Wineries can Submit Job Postings by…
Please include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description/requirements, etc.
- Information on where/who applicants should send info/application to
- Winery posting expiration date
- Submit your job opening to Info@WineBC.com