Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities.
WAREHOUSE SUPPORT- DTC | ANDREW PELLER
At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada’s most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking an extraordinary, enthusiastic teammate to join our Direct to Consumer team. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan’s most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting to the DTC Manager your responsibilities will include receiving wine and wine-related products for the Estate, organizing for storage onsite, as well as packing consumer shipments.
We are looking for a teammate with:
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
Excellent communication skills; the ability to work effectively with all teammates within the organization
Basic knowledge and experience with MS Office must have the physical strength and stamina to lift and move product repeatedly work hours vary based on business cycle; must be flexible
Forklift Operator Certificate
This teammate will be accountable for:
Incoming and outgoing product, including picking and packing of consumer shipments
Restocking cellar with incoming product, keeping the area organized and rotating stock as needed
Monitoring inventory of packaging supplies and wine
Delivery of product to Off Premise store at Miradoro
Basic administrative tasks and providing administrative support to the team
Working with the DTC Manager to ensure preparedness for ecommerce offers and wine club fulfillment
Follows safe work procedures and practices and report all unsafe working conditions/hazards
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than June 21, 2021
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.
To Apply: Please visit https://andrewpeller.prevueaps.com/jobs/167643-68537.html
Posting Expiration: June 21, 2021
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE | GRIZZLI WINERY
Grizzli Winery has one of the largest tasting rooms in all of Canada. We welcome visitors to share our passion for BC wine.
We are looking for energetic, dependable, and motivated individuals to join our team as Full Time Retail Sales Associates. Our Associates don’t need to have a background in wine, but must have a passion for wine, a positive attitude, and enjoy serving our visitors.
- Providing an exemplary tasting room guest experience including hosting wine tastings, sharing knowledge regarding our story, philosophy, award-winning wines and vineyards.
- Represent Grizzli Winery in a professional, courteous and friendly manner to develop and solidify customer relationships
- Perform all aspects of tasting room operations, including accurate operation of cash register and point of sale system, inventory management, stocking, and winery cleaning
- Promoting in-person and online sales.
- Packing and shipping online and Wine Club orders
- Providing excellent tasting and tours for groups, sized from one person to large groups
- Excellent knowledge of all products and promotions at Grizzli Winery
- Opening and closing the winery when required
- Complying with all operation procedures and policies
- Other assigned duties
- Two years of customer service and sales experience
- One year of serving experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in or desire to learn about the wine industry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak to large groups
- Fluency in English, second language is an asset
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and routinely lift up to 40 pounds
- Dependable and punctual
- Confident and motivated
- A current Serving It Right certificate
- Must be 19 years of age
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expiry: June 15th , 2021
HOST/ HOSTESS | GRIZZLI WINERY
Grizzli Winery is situated on West Kelowna’s Wine Trail. With the largest tasting room in Canada, we welcome visitors from all over and share our passion for BC wine. We are looking for energetic, positive, and motivated individuals to join our team as a Full Time Seasonal Wine Shop Host/Hostess. Our Host must have a passion for wine, a positive attitude, and enjoy talking to our visitors.
Who You Are
- Sociable, positive, and active
- Lively, energizing, and outgoing
- Confident, witty and funny
- Team player, collaborative and attentive
- Positive, approachable and charismatic
- Stylish, trendy and presentable
What You Will Do
- Create a memorable experience at the winery by engaging and communicating with patrons when they walk through the doors.
- Be a source of information from what’s happening at Grizzli Winery and the community we are part of
- Support team members by jumping in where needed
- Take responsibility and accountability for service and communication quality and efficiency
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Salary: $15.20 per hour
Send applications to: email@example.com
Posting Expiry: June 13th, 2021
TASTING ROOM MANAGER | MONTE CREEK WINERY
Tasting Room Manager
Monte Creek Winery – Full Time
Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction.
The successful Candidate must demonstrate a willingness to work frequent evenings and weekend shifts. The Ability to manage multiple people in a busy environment is an important skill in this key role. The Tasting Room Manager will train and develop new and existing staff to achieve exceptional customer service standards in our Tasting Room. Our culture at Monte Creek Winery is to possess an upbeat attitude on a daily basis, to strongly believe in continual improvement and work well with others including other leaders at the Winery to build a winning culture.
- In charge of recruiting and hiring all full time and seasonal Tasting room and Terrace Restaurant staff. Approximately 4 full time and 20 seasonal
- In charge of continuous training and development of new and existing staff to ensure best in class customer service and excellent employee satisfaction
- Assistance with employee oversight and performance management
- Work with marketing manager to ensure marketing materials are on brand, effective and continuously up to date. This includes everything from rack cards, tasting menus, price cards, accolades, promotional and sign up materials
- Responsible for inventory management and P&L analysis
- Work with Wine Club manager to ensure Wine Club members are acknowledged and catered to onsite
- Assist in efforts to market and drive traffic to the winery
- Recruit and execute all winery events. This includes handling inquires and doing out reach for Weddings, corporate events, private parties and other infrequent musical or theatre events
- Oversee all food and beverage service standards, food quality and the presentation of menus and brochures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work closely with our catering company to ensure all product is of the highest quality and that we have excellent communication flow to guests
- In charge of sponsorship, community relations and participation in the Kamloops Winery association
- Contribute to building new events that celebrate local like-minded organizations and artisans
- Maintain excellent relationships with tour companies and operators
- Ensure Monte Creek Ranch has ample tour programs for both walk in and coach guests that excel in storytelling and experience
- Experience managing a team
- Experience planning and executing events
- Experience working in food and beverage
- Wine knowledge is an asset
This is a big role; however, you will be surrounded with other like-minded professionals that will support you in your quest to succeed. Teamwork and building a winning culture are at the top of our organizations focus. If you think you have what it takes, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expires: July 15, 2021
ONGOING PHOTOGRAPHY MODEL CASTING CALL | WGBC
Ongoing Photography Model Casting Call
Couples enjoying wine and food tourism experiences safely indoors and outdoors i.e. tasting room visits, vineyard strolls, restaurant dining, scenic viewing, and various wine activities from hiking to yoga.
Filming Location: Kelowna to Penticton, BC
All couples: Couples between ages 30 – 60, comfortable on camera, swirling, smelling wine.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Release Form: Release forms will need to be signed and submitted in advance of photoshoot.
Information: Models with past photoshoot experience preferred, relaxed in front of a camera, creative, able to provide a wardrobe with options aligned with wardrobe guidance document.
COVID-19: In accordance with current COVID-19 provincial restrictions couples must be from the same immediate household or within the same core bubble and able to transport themselves to photoshoot locations from Kelowna to Penticton.
Compensation: $25 / hour and BC wine gift package. Invoice with times to be submitted at end of shift.
Who We Are
For us, being grounded is where it all begins. While our wine regions in British Columbia are distinct, they share rich, bountiful landscapes that deepen the bond between people and this place. Our unique cool-climate terroir provides premium conditions to produce exceptional wine, while the awe-inspiring beauty at every turn is cherished by visitors who arrive from near and far. Our winemakers are down-to-earth, with the grit, experience and refinement to make wines that are a lasting expression of the place where they were grown and crafted. Our wines stimulate the senses, bringing you back to the moment, and back to yourself.
The Wines of British Columbia represent the unique, welcoming and diverse people of our wine industry in British Columbia. We are an authentic voice that expresses the unique qualities of our breathtaking wine regions. Our overarching role is to oversee and represent the main facets of the British Columbia wine industry. These include “Certified 100% BC grape wine” and the “Wine Regions of British Columbia.” These are seen as core branded products or offerings of the Wines of British Columbia Master Brand. We are confident, stimulating, grounded and breathtaking.
Interested models should submit their headshots, photos and cover letter outlining qualifications to info@WineBC.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for the photo shoot will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
VINEYARD MANAGER | MONTE CREEK WINERY
Position – Full-time
Wage – Salary based on experience
Location – Keremeos, Similkameen Valley
Monte Creek Winery/Sidhu & Sons Nursery is hiring a full-time Vineyard Manager to manage a 75 acre vineyard in the Similkameen Valley, British Columbia. The vineyard was designed by world renowned terroir expert Pedro Parra and is in development, with 50 acres currently planted. Key varieties include Pinot Noir, Gamay Noir, Riesling and Chardonnay, although small blocks and trials of other varieties may ensue.
The successful candidate will be in charge of planning and executing all aspects that contribute to operating a healthy, balanced, premium, organic vineyard. The right candidate is proficient in research and development in agricultural advancements, is a hard and consistent worker who leads by example, and is effective at motivating others to do high quality work. Candidates need to have excellent management skills, a keen attention to detail, and a drive to be innovative in the development of vineyard operations. The successful candidate must possess sufficient technical understanding combined with a scientific approach to guide complex analysis and planning, taking into account a wide range of factors relating to viticulture. The Vineyard Manager will be required to plan ahead, work systematically, manage time efficiently and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement of organizational systems, processes, and methodologies in an effort to develop a world-class vineyard.
- Work with senior management to produce and execute the Annual Vineyard Management Plan to ensure best practices in the fields of pruning, IPM, irrigation management, yield management, soil management, vine nutrition, canopy management, and protection from climatic risks such as winter injury and wildfires.
- Manage, organize and supervise the vineyard team to complete work to high quality standards, while working within the framework of the vineyard budget. Activities include but are not limited to pruning, pulling canes, tying vines, bud and shoot thinning, suckering, tucking canes, hedging, leaf pulling, crop thinning, netting, harvesting, and fence/trellis repairs.
- Understand operation of and preventative maintenance on equipment such as tractors, sprayers, hedgers, grape hoe, tillage equipment & ATVs. Coordinate with third party mechanical services when applicable.
- Ensure health and safety protocols and site compliance are maintained within company policies and Federal and Provincial regulations (Employment Standards, Worksafe regulations, etc.) and make recommendations for guidelines and SOPs to ensure a safe and productive environment for all.
- Attend and contribute to the bi-weekly management team meeting ensuring communication between vineyard locations and departments is clear.
- Execute administrative requirements for vineyard tracking processes in agCommander program to maintain work records and logs for technical data collection, collation, and analysis
- 6+ years of work experience in a vineyard environment
- 3+ years of experience leading and training vineyard workers
- Minimum of college diploma/degree in viticulture/plant sciences
- Valid BC driver’s licence
- Valid BC pesticide licence or willingness to obtain in short order
- First Aid level 1 with transportation endorsement and willingness to work up to level 3
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish skills are a strong asset
To Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com
Posting Expires: July 15, 2021
WINERY CHEF | PLAY ESTATE WINERY
Play Estate Winery: Winery Chef
Play Estate Winery is focused on producing exceptional small-lot wines and delivering outstanding guest experiences. We farm 14 acres and operate a boutique winery & restaurant. Our restaurant is under the guidance of a new Managing Director who has experience in fine dining and hospitality.
The Winery Chef is a key part of our small but dedicated team. You are responsible for the kitchen and culinary management of our on-site restaurant and maintaining food and labour costs to maximize efficiencies. You excel at creating a welcoming environment for guests and staff, are eager to lead a team toward success, and enjoy collaborating with an active management team. Where some see challenges, you find opportunities.
Reports to: Managing Director
Directly Supervises: Back of House (all kitchen staff)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Managing Director: lead, develop, and deliver strategic plans
- Attract and retain staff: as cooks, food preparation workers, dishwashers, etc
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with team members, optimizing staff productivity, and serving as replacement in team members’ absence
- Train staff on new recipes, cooking techniques, and equipment
- Manage and coordinate delivery of food supplies, food costs, and all inventory
- Ensure promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes
- Coordinate kitchen tasks including equipment maintenance, cleaning, repairs, etc
- Implement and uphold hygiene policies, including examining equipment for cleanliness, in accordance with provincial and federal health standards including Covid-19 protocols
- Design new recipes and menu items, plan menus, and select plate presentation
- Review staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives
- Perform administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies
- Foster long-term relationships to increase customer loyalty and build community
- Develop a culture of exceptional hospitality through coaching and mentoring staff
- 5+ years chef experience in a management role, with a focus on Italian fine dining
- Culinary post-secondary education is required
- FoodSafe is required
- Wine knowledge is required, WSET certification is an asset
- First Aid certification is a strong asset
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- TouchBistro or other POS experience required
- Knowledge of MS Office required
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Supervisory or management experience in hospitality is required
As chef your schedule will include weekends, evenings, and holidays. We offer a competitive wage with bonus, product allocation, staff discount, and a fun workplace culture. This is a full-time contract position to December 2021 with possibility of extension.
Please submit all resumes by email to Jeannette LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
VINEYARD SUPERVISOR | 50th PARALLEL ESTATE
The role of the Vineyard Supervisor is to assist the Vineyard Manager in keeping both the grapevines and the vineyard crew healthy and productive throughout the year. The Vineyard Supervisor reports to the Vineyard Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead Hand-Labor in the Vineyard
-Scout the health and growth status of each block and varietal on a regular basis and observe signs of pests and/or disease and other stress factors affecting the vines
-Work alongside the vineyard crew completing the following functions, ensuring a high level of quality and accuracy in the work: Pruning, pulling canes, tying vines, bud and shoot thinning, suckering, tucking canes, hedging, leaf pulling, crop thinning, netting, harvesting and fence/trellis repairs
-Collaborate with VM to ensure that the irrigation schedule and spray program stay on track
2. Maintain Facilities
-Supervise crew members to complete weekly jobs as assigned such as cleaning and organizing the vineyard shop, performing basic equipment maintenance and service, overseeing landscaping and gardening tasks around the property
-Proactively report any problems noted with equipment or infrastructure on the property
3. Supervise Employees
-Assist the VM in quality-checking the daily work of a crew of approximately 8 employees
-Oversee a picking crew of approximately 15 additional workers during harvest
-Help to train new employees in the techniques they need to work safely and efficiently
-Ensure that employees are given an appropriate amount of break and rest time each day and that these breaks are taken on a regular schedule
-Accurately estimate the time needed to complete jobs
-Set realistic daily goals for the vineyard crew and work together with the VM to frequently update these goals and timelines
-Motivate the vineyard crew to reach team targets and goals
-Seek efficiencies in work and suggest changes to method to save time or boost quality
-Focus on employee health and safety, make adjustments as needed to protect employees
Required vineyard experience:
-Minimum of 2 years vineyard experience is required
-Experience performing a wide variety tasks such as pruning, tying vines, bud and shoot thinning, suckering, hedging, leaf pulling, crop thinning, netting, harvesting, etc
Required supervisorial qualities and experience:
-At least 2 years of experience in a supervisorial capacity
-Excellent time management and ability to prioritize tasks
-Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all employees
-Strong work ethic, ability to lead a team by example, and ability to motivate yourself
-Ability to train and motivate others
-Humility and a willingness to learn from colleagues and those you supervise
Top candidates will also have:
-A viticultural diploma and/or a strong understanding of grapevine biology and disease pathology
-Knowledge of safe work procedures for operating tractors and other vineyard equipment
-Ability to communicate in Spanish and/or Punjabi
Hours and compensation
-This position is full time and will be paid on an hourly basis. Exact hourly wage is negotiable based on experience.
-The Vineyard Supervisor will work a minimum of 35 hrs/week in the winter (Nov-Feb) to a maximum of 65hrs/week in the summer and during harvest.
To Apply: Please email a resume and short statement about why you are interested in the job to email@example.com
Posting Expiry: June 30, 2021
WINERY EXPERIENCE MAKER | FITZPATRICK FAMILY VINEYARDS
Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards – Winery Experience Maker
Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards is located at the historic Greata Ranch property, situated between Peachland and Summerland. We specialize in Sparkling Wine and aromatic whites from our 30 acre property.
The goal at Fitzpatrick is to define the culture of sparkling wine in the Okanagan Valley through site-revealing wines of international stature and providing remarkable hospitality experiences.
The winery experience makers will be ambassadors, educators and guides to offer a premium winery visit at Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards.
- Introduce and educate guests to Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards (FFV) sparkling and still wines.
- Communicate the history, varietals planted, winemaking methods and products
- Learn and maintain an up to date knowledge of our wines, features, retail, events, bistro menu & organized tours
- Providing premier guest experiences and allowing guests to enjoy sophisticated ease while at the winery.
- Build a brand following by recognizing repeat guests and creating reasons to come back on a regular basis
- Keep the tasting room clean and organized at all times
- 2 Years of retail sales or hospitality experience paired with a passion to sell
- Proven experience and interest in selling wine
- Ability to providing remarkable guest experiences
- WSET or ISG certificate is an asset
- Valid ‘Serving it Right’ certificate
- Required to use stairs, repetitive lifting up to 40 lbs and stand or extended periods of time
- Our team must have flexible schedules to maintain the operations tasting rooms running 7 days per week
- Duties as assigned and eager to learn!
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To Apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expires: July 1, 2021
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE | LUNESSENCE WINERY
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE – JOB DESCRIPTION
Lunessence Winery and Vineyards is a boutique premium winery in Summerland. Since the property was purchased in 2014 we have made a commitment to sustainable vineyard and winemaking practices. The vineyard was certified organic in 2020 and we have since release our Estate Single Vineyard Series. The tasting room offers one of the best patios and views this side of Okanagan Lake and provides a beautiful environment for anyone wanting to join the Lunessence team this year. To put it simply, we’re looking for awesome people to join our 2021 team!
We are looking for self-motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals that have a passion for great wines paired with excellent customer service.
- Engage with the guest on a one-on-one basis educating and telling our winery story in an effective and dynamic way through tastings and sales
- Responsible for the daily operations of the tasting room including maintaining wine & merchandise levels, POS system use, organization & cleanliness
- Enthusiasm, in a professional manner, for promoting wine sales & our wine club
- Discerning the appropriateness of serving wine samples in regard to pour sizes, patron’s legal age and sobriety
Exemplary customer service skills
Experience in the hospitality industry
Solid wine knowledge – WSET considered an asset
Must be able to lift 40 lb cases of wine – Able to stand for long periods of time
Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
Holds a Serving it Right certificate and is 19+ years of age.
Available to work weekends and public holidays
Time Period: April – October 2021. Shifts include weekends. This seasonal position ends in mid-October when the Tasting Room closes for the season but will begin again in 2022.
We offer competitive compensation with an hourly wage plus commissions and a wine allowance
WGBC Member Wineries can Submit Job Postings by…
Please include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description/requirements, etc.
- Information on where/who applicants should send info/application to
- Winery posting expiration date
- Submit your job opening to Info@WineBC.com