Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities.
TASTING ROOM/ FARM EXPERIENCES MANAGER | ELEPHANT ISLAND WINERY
Do you love creating magical experiences around food and wine? We want you! We are currently seeking a creative and dynamic Ringmaster to lead our Tasting Room and Farm Hospitality Program. The successful candidate will have a skill set and experiences that bridge staff management, marketing and sales.
Responsible for delivering all aspects of Tasting Room operations from the grind, to the inspirational. The Tasting Room Manager is in charge of hiring staff, training, mentoring and terminating staff. They are also responsible for inventory, product administration and on-site sales, goal setting, and reporting functions. All with an equal dose of fun, artistry and wine! Creating spaces and experiences that memories are made around. Leading a team dedicated to providing genuine customer service, a hallmark of our brand ethos. Growing practices that grow loyal customer ambassadors. And creating an experience that makes our wine the hero in our guest’s story.
- scheduling tasting room staff;
- communicating hours of operation on all relevant platforms;
- creating reservation templates;
- responding to all customer enquiries:
- generating, maintaining and reporting regularly tasting room metrics;
- oversee day-to-day floor operations;
- supervising staff via collaborative team-based framework;
- dreaming, planning and producing experiences that memories are built from;
- delivering tasting room staff training, including organizing education + field studies;
- always leading by example, delivering wine education and sales;
- fulfilling online orders and shipments;
- tasting room merchandising;
- showcasing guest experiences through social media and networking;
- ensuring compliance with the latest safety policies and procedures.
Commensurate with experience
Base pay of $22 – $24 per hour, plus gratuities.
Extended health and dental program.
Fantastic wine, food and farm education opportunities.
Please submit: Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews Tuesday, Feb 1st.
Posting Expiration Date: February 15, 2022
WINE SHOP MANAGER | SPEARHEAD WINERY
SpearHead Winery is a boutique winery that focuses on producing premium Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and aromatic whites. SpearHead wines have won multiple awards over the years and was named #4 on the 2021 Top Ten Small Wineries in Canada. The winery is situated just ten minutes from downtown in Southeast Kelowna.
We are expanding our team and currently seeking a motivated individual with a passionate drive for hospitality and wine to take charge of our wine shop and day to day operations.
This position is full-time, year-round on a salary determined by experience. The perfect candidate should have a love for wine, provide outstanding customer service, lead with a positive attitude, and build relationships with customers. The role requires attention to detail, floor presence, daily administrative duties, and general retail sales. This is a busy and varied position which entails most weekends and holidays.
This role is best suited for an individual who enjoys multi-tasking, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and loves to engage with guests. The Wine Shop Manager will hire, train, and supervise the wine shop associates and work in coordination with the Wine Club & Marketing Manager and Proprietors.
- Provide leadership and create a positive work environment for all seasonal wine shop associates
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise the team of wine shop staff
- Submit team payroll, tips, and commissions
- Coordinate and conduct VIP, wine club member, and group tours
- Monitor reservations, tour company communications, and daily visitors
- Maintain and develop member and prospect relationships
- Organize daily tastings and accompanying literature
- Ensure wine shop cleanliness and organize maintenance of the facility
- Respond to emails and phone inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide timely and accurate daily and monthly reports
- Maintain wine shop protocols and procedures
- Manage and track inventory of wine, retail items, and general supplies
- Pack shipments, organize delivery, and ensure accurate records on orders
- Execution of onsite events in coordination with Wine Club & Marketing Manager
- Liaison with Wine Club & Marketing Manager regarding promotions and member events
- Promote online, onsite, and wine club growth
- Previous supervisory or management experience, preferably in hospitality
- Wine education of WSET level 2 (or equivalent) or greater
- Food Safe Certificate (an asset)
- Serving It Right Certification mandatory
- Flexible schedule, ability to work weekends, holidays, and peak times
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- Must be comfortable hosting small and large groups
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage a range of activities
- Experience with Wine Direct (an asset)
- Ability to lift 40 lbs frequently, manage stairs easily, and work on feet
SpearHead Winery has a vaccination policy in place and all existing and potential employees must comply. The Wine Shop Manager position is full time and will commence early spring 2022. The salary will be determined upon experience.
Please submit: Application to email@example.com
Posting Expiration Date: February 15, 2022
MANAGER, HOSPITALITY & MARKETING | NOBLE RIDGE
MANAGER, HOSPITALITY & MARKETING – Noble Ridge
We are looking for an experienced manager to oversee elements of hospitality and marketing at Noble Ridge. We need a take charge professional with the ability to manage our team of Wine Shop Associates and coordinate with our CEO and Director of Sales and Hospitality with marketing projects. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with no supervision, and be willing to work weekends and occasional evenings. The perfect candidate should have a love for wine, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with customers.
o Provide leadership and create a positive work environment for all seasonal wine shop associates with a focus on customer service excellence
o Co-ordinate and conduct VIP, Wine Club Member and Group tours when necessary
o Hire, train, schedule and supervise the team of tasting room staff with Director of Sales and Hospitality
o Ensure overall tasting room cleanliness and maintenance of the facility
o Manage and maintain POS including creating products and controlling online inventories
o Answering or coordinating responses to all emails in a timely manner
o Represent Noble Ridge at occasional off-site events as needed
o Manage and track inventory of all wine and non-food items
o Strategic planning of select onsite events in coordination with Director of Sales & Hospitality
o Coordination of building and property maintenance
o Assist and manage marketing objectives with the direction of the Director of Sales & Hospitality
Qualifications and desired skills:
o Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and able to work well under stress
o Friendly, outgoing personality
o Excellent customer service skills
o Strong verbal and written communication skills
o Retail or hospitality experience (tasting room experience preferred)
o Experience as a supervisor or team leader
o Availability to work weekends as needed
o Ability to work independently and in a small team
o Ability to multi-task and manage a broad range to activities
o Strong computer skills including word, excel & outlook
o Strong knowledge of and passion for wine – formal training is an asset
o Experience with Wine Direct point-of-sale is an asset
o Experience with Tock reservations is an asset
o Serving It Right and Food Safe certificate
o Ability to lift 40 lbs
Please note, only suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Contact with Resume and Cover Letter: Preston@nobleridge.com
Posting Expiration Date: January 15, 2021
ONGOING PHOTOGRAPHY MODEL CASTING CALL | WGBC
Ongoing Photography Model Casting Call
Couples enjoying wine and food tourism experiences safely indoors and outdoors i.e. tasting room visits, vineyard strolls, restaurant dining, scenic viewing, and various wine activities from hiking to yoga.
Filming Location: Kelowna to Penticton, BC
All couples: Couples between ages 30 – 60, comfortable on camera, swirling, smelling wine.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Release Form: Release forms will need to be signed and submitted in advance of photoshoot.
Information: Models with past photoshoot experience preferred, relaxed in front of a camera, creative, able to provide a wardrobe with options aligned with wardrobe guidance document.
COVID-19: In accordance with current COVID-19 provincial restrictions couples must be from the same immediate household or within the same core bubble and able to transport themselves to photoshoot locations from Kelowna to Penticton.
Compensation: $25 / hour and BC wine gift package. Invoice with times to be submitted at end of shift.
Who We Are
For us, being grounded is where it all begins. While our wine regions in British Columbia are distinct, they share rich, bountiful landscapes that deepen the bond between people and this place. Our unique cool-climate terroir provides premium conditions to produce exceptional wine, while the awe-inspiring beauty at every turn is cherished by visitors who arrive from near and far. Our winemakers are down-to-earth, with the grit, experience and refinement to make wines that are a lasting expression of the place where they were grown and crafted. Our wines stimulate the senses, bringing you back to the moment, and back to yourself.
The Wines of British Columbia represent the unique, welcoming and diverse people of our wine industry in British Columbia. We are an authentic voice that expresses the unique qualities of our breathtaking wine regions. Our overarching role is to oversee and represent the main facets of the British Columbia wine industry. These include “Certified 100% BC grape wine” and the “Wine Regions of British Columbia.” These are seen as core branded products or offerings of the Wines of British Columbia Master Brand. We are confident, stimulating, grounded and breathtaking.
Interested models should submit their headshots, photos and cover letter outlining qualifications to info@WineBC.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for the photo shoot will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
WGBC Member Wineries can Submit Job Postings by…
Please include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description/requirements, etc.
- Information on where/who applicants should send info/application to
- Winery posting expiration date
- Submit your job opening to Info@WineBC.com