Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities.
VINEYARD WORKER | PRIVATO VINEYARD WINERY
Position Title: Vineyard Worker
Reports to: Farm Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
Position Type: Full Time Seasonal
Location: Kamloops, BC
Start Date: April 3, 2023
Finish Date: October 31, 2023
Compensation: $15.65 to $20.00/hour
A hidden gem in the heart of BC’s exciting new Thompson Valley wine region, Privato is a family-owned boutique winery dedicated to the production of premium Burgundian styled wine. Handcrafted only in small quantities, Privato offers among the best of BC in small lot Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Owners John and Debbie Woodward are very proud of their wines and with each vintage strive to achieve the highest quality possible in their wines.
John and Debbie’s three sons Ben, Adam and Tim came back to the family farm in 2019 to start their new venture, Woodward Cider Co. Woodward Cider Co has exploded in popularity in the local area of BC. The guys continue to strive to produce the best quality craft cider.
Together these family-owned companies are in a growth phase. We have recently completed construction of a modern 5000 square foot wine and cider production facility where an energetic and qualified individual will be working as a Cellar Hand.
|1. Accountable, to take responsibility and learn from our errors
2. Teamwork, helping each other out, family
3. Initiative, taking charge and solving issues independently
4. Professional, quality, going above and beyond, competence
5. Experience, having fun, unmatched customer enjoyment
The successful candidates focus will be in the vineyard and orchard pruning, thinning, tucking, planting, harvesting etc. The candidate will also support other areas in the farm as necessary including hayfields, Christmas trees, garden areas and all other green spaces.
Physically demanding, repetitive tasks, crouching, bending, kneeling. Operation of farm equipment required. Previous experience in vineyard and farm work preferred.
Applicants must be willing to work up to 40+ hours per week, Monday to Saturday with occasional Sunday work.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job – must have SIN.
This position will be full time to the end of the harvest season. An opportunity to continue working throughout the winter and into the next season may present itself for the right candidate.
How to Apply: Please submit resumes to Adam Woodward, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expiry: April 1, 2022
CELLAR HAND (PERMANENT) | CEDARCREEK ESTATE WINERY
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: CedarCreek Estate Winery, Kelowna, B.C.
CedarCreek Estate Winery:
Our Winery is in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, building on more than three decades of winemaking, and defining a new chapter with bright, expressive North Okanagan wines. Our year-round tasting room and Home Block restaurant, housed in contemporary farmhouse buildings, offer our visitors an exceptional experience in a serene natural setting.
We’re dreamers. We dream big and achieve big. Anyone who shares our commitment to raise the bar and take the uncharted path will achieve big things with us. Each person plays a key role, yet we’re always a team. It’s about collective success and we know the importance of celebrating wins, even the little ones along the way.
CedarCreek sources organically farmed fruit from estate vineyards between Lake Country and Osoyoos. Our facility is a certified organic production facility and 100% of production will be produced organically from vintage 2021. We have the capability to sort to individual berries, and we ferment in concrete, stainless, and large format and standard barrels. Skin contact in whites, extended maceration in reds, and spontaneous fermentation and malolactic fermentation across all varieties are used widely to help build personality and draw out the vineyard character in the fruit.
The core of everything we do at CedarCreek is centered around the Home Block vineyard and farm. We are farming 85 acres (and planting more each year) and growing with beyond organic practices at our Home Block site, and making the wines to reflect the land and farming practices that we are using. Pinot Noir is our mainstay, with Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauv Blanc, Syrah, and Cab Franc rounding out our focus.
Day in the life:
Our Cellar Hands contribute as a member of our winemaking team dedicated to producing world-class wines and providing the finest and most intimate estate winery experience. They participate in the execution of all winemaking activities at the CedarCreek Estate Winery related to the production of our VQA – British Columbia wine portfolio. This role is intended to lead into a more senior position in Winemaking after mastery in the cellar has been achieved.
Want to know more? You will…
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of cellar activities – with a strong emphasis on attention to detail and understanding winemaking process.
- Assist in monitoring of the qualitative and analytical states of all wines as well as with blending of all quality levels and tiers.
- Ensure presentation, organization and sanitation of the cellars is always of the highest standard.
- Assist with bottling (as required) – labour requirements, finished goods shipping, production records and any other related details.
- Execute the shipping and receiving of goods from and to bottled-wine warehouse.
- University degree in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related Field (preferred); Diploma in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related field (minimum requirement).
- Ideally a minimum of 2 harvest experiences, preferably one international.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer literacy experienced with MS Office and the ability to learn and use company wine inventory system (VinTrace).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
CedarCreek is dedicated to the growth of our team and provides excellent internal opportunities for those who are committed to learning and personal development. This permanent, year-round opportunity offers a competitive compensation package including 3 weeks’ vacation, extended health & dental benefits, and eligibility to participate in a DPSP and RRSP matching program.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to our Winemaker, Taylor Whelan at email@example.com.
At CedarCreek, we live by our 5 Core Values every day:
Sense of Urgency
- We value sense of urgency because we are a fast-paced company in a fast-paced industry
- You act as if there is no tomorrow and get it done today
- We value authenticity because we need to stay real
- You are authentic, diplomatic, respectful, thoughtful and you always have the best intentions
- We value simplicity; why use 50 words when you can use 5?
- You thrive in ambiguity, are comfortable with change and bring simplicity to complex situations or grey area
- We value humility; there is no room for egos here
- You’re not stubborn, you listen, take feedback/direction and respond quickly to changing direction. We are a team that supports each other
- We value trust because unless we are both trusted and trusting, we will not succeed as a team
- You put trust in others and do your best to never let anyone down
Posting Expiry: December 15th 2022
WINE EDUCATOR | LIQUIDITY WINES
Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
What We Offer:
- $500 Sign on bonus
- Wage $19.00 + Event Gratuities
- Good Find Referral Program $100 – $1,500 per referral
- Competitive Wine Club incentive program
- 25% Discount on wine at our Iconic Wineries of British Columbia including Mission Hill Family Estate, CedarCreek Estate Winery, Road 13 Vineyards, and CheckMate Artisanal Winery
- Mentorship from a passionate and enthusiastic leadership and winemaking team
- Ongoing on the job training and commitment to wine education
Who We Are:
A little fun goes a long way. Fun breeds creativity, which in turn inspires collaboration. We believe laughter, gratitude and raising a glass are the bonds that build our teams. We’re here for each other always because every person on our team matters in a very real way. We end our days already excited about tomorrow.
As our Wine Educator, you will…
- Facilitate wine and food experiences in our winery boutique
- Promote all new wine releases, upcoming promotions, and Wine Club Memberships
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals
- Process customer sales, provide guest service, set up for tastings
- Identify opportunities to sell wine and Wine Club Memberships with active clienteling
- Transition effectively between tasking, sales, and hospitality responsibilities as scheduled
- Develop and maintain Liquidity wine and merchandise knowledge to support exemplary guest experiences
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a hospitality or retail environment
- Must have Serving It Right certification, Food Safe certification, as well as be of legal age to serve alcohol in BC
- Must be flexible as the hours of work will fluctuate with business volume
- Working days, evenings and weekends required
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including lifting and carrying up to 40lbs, standing for extending periods of time
- You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable with change
- You listen, take feedback, respond quickly, and take initiative with a sense of urgency
- You are authentic, diplomatic, thoughtful, and always have the best intentions
If this sounds like you, apply now!
How to Apply: https://www.liquiditywines.com/Work-With-Us
Posting Expiry: November 30th 2022
ONGOING PHOTOGRAPHY MODEL CASTING CALL | WGBC
Ongoing Photography Model Casting Call
Couples enjoying wine and food tourism experiences safely indoors and outdoors i.e. tasting room visits, vineyard strolls, restaurant dining, scenic viewing, and various wine activities from hiking to yoga.
Filming Location: Kelowna to Penticton, BC
All couples: Couples between ages 30 – 60, comfortable on camera, swirling, smelling wine.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Release Form: Release forms will need to be signed and submitted in advance of photoshoot.
Information: Models with past photoshoot experience preferred, relaxed in front of a camera, creative, able to provide a wardrobe with options aligned with wardrobe guidance document.
COVID-19: In accordance with current COVID-19 provincial restrictions couples must be from the same immediate household or within the same core bubble and able to transport themselves to photoshoot locations from Kelowna to Penticton.
Compensation: $25 / hour and BC wine gift package. Invoice with times to be submitted at end of shift.
Who We Are
For us, being grounded is where it all begins. While our wine regions in British Columbia are distinct, they share rich, bountiful landscapes that deepen the bond between people and this place. Our unique cool-climate terroir provides premium conditions to produce exceptional wine, while the awe-inspiring beauty at every turn is cherished by visitors who arrive from near and far. Our winemakers are down-to-earth, with the grit, experience and refinement to make wines that are a lasting expression of the place where they were grown and crafted. Our wines stimulate the senses, bringing you back to the moment, and back to yourself.
The Wines of British Columbia represent the unique, welcoming and diverse people of our wine industry in British Columbia. We are an authentic voice that expresses the unique qualities of our breathtaking wine regions. Our overarching role is to oversee and represent the main facets of the British Columbia wine industry. These include “Certified 100% BC grape wine” and the “Wine Regions of British Columbia.” These are seen as core branded products or offerings of the Wines of British Columbia Master Brand. We are confident, stimulating, grounded and breathtaking.
Interested models should submit their headshots, photos and cover letter outlining qualifications to info@WineBC.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for the photo shoot will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
WGBC Member Wineries can Submit Job Postings by…
Please include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description/requirements, etc.
- Information on where/who applicants should send info/application to
- Winery posting expiration date
- Submit your job opening to Info@WineBC.com