Passionate about BC Wine like we are?
Check out the job listings below to see some of the exciting opportunities with our member wineries.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ WINE AMBASSADOR | LULU ISLAND WINERY
Sales Representative/ Wine Ambassador
If you are looking for a part time or full time, fun and challenging sales position, and would like to join a dynamic team, Lulu Island Winery will be the one can provide you a great opportunity to build your career.
Lulu Island Winery is known to be the newest and largest winery in Richmond! It produces many quality wines including red and white table wines, fruit wines, and Canada’s very own Icewines. Lulu Island’s quality wines are all produced on site, using only best grapes from Okanagan and the best berries from Fraser Valley. We are dedicated with the production of flavorful and aromatic wines and are proud to sport the VQA stamp on all of our bottles.
We are committed to provide the best wine products to our valuable customers. Also, our knowledgeable and friendly staff promises to provide the best wine experience. As a sales associate, you will ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service.
Also, there are plenty benefits for being a part of Lulu Island Winery’s team, these include:
- Competitive rate plus bonus
- Great dental and medical benefit package
- Professional wine knowledge training
- Constant learning and development opportunities
- Motivated individual with a goal to provide exceptional customer service
- Confident and comfortable engaging with customers to deliver an elevated experience
- Initiates completion of tasks or activities without necessary supervision
- Excellent English communication skills
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must have valid driver license
- Wine knowledge or related background or second language is an asset
- Info on where/who applicants should send info/application to: Please kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting expires: March 31, 2019
JUNIOR LEVEL BOOKKEEPER/ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT STAFF | INDIGENOUS WORLD WINERY
Junior Level Bookkeeper/Administration Support Staff
Come join for us an exciting opportunity at our local winery! We are looking for support staff in our administration office.
– Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
– Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping Skills
– Administrative communication (email, fax, scan messages and documents)
– Record keeping
– Monitoring orders of supplies and shortages
– Organizational and time management skills
– Flexible hours part time to full time
– Winery staff discounts
This position is a great opportunity for accounting students and those wishing to get a great start in the industry.
Please email resumes to Jen@indigenousworld.ca
You may also drop resumes off at our wine shop at:
Indigenous World Winery
2218 Horizon Drive, West Kelowna
Posting Expires: March 01, 2019
WINE SHOP MANAGER | ARROWLEAF CELLARS
Wine Shop Manager
Arrowleaf Cellars is looking for a personable Wine Shop Manager to lead daily front-of-house operations. This is a full-time, seasonal position that runs from late February to December 24.
Arrowleaf Cellars has a longstanding reputation for producing exceptional quality wines. At Arrowleaf, our goal is to create a welcoming space where visitors can enjoy our products and the natural beauty of the Okanagan Valley. We are looking for a dedicated individual to manage our Tasting Room with professionalism and positivity. Potential candidates must have advanced wine knowledge and an excellent understanding of the of the BC wine industry.
- Welcomes guests and consistently provides an exceptional experience that is educational, engaging and positive
- Builds and manages the retail team by providing leadership and coaching throughout the year
- Ensures proper training of all staff upon start up as well as continuous training
- Responsible for scheduling the team according to seasonal demands
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness and presentation of the wine shop and its team
- Handles all customer complaints professionally and proactively leaving a positive relationship between the guest and the company
- Responsible for inventory of all retail store products, including wine, gifts and packaging
- Responsible for shipment of private customer orders
- Programs POS software with updates
- Works closely with the owners, managers and sales teams to build the brand
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive wine knowledge and a passion for wine, with a WSET diploma or minimum WSET Level 3
- Must have previous experience in retail management/supervision for a minimum of 3-5 years
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Dynamic, outgoing team leader who is a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and warm, friendly demeanor
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking successfully
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage functions
- Skills of tact and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse group of visitors
- Confident with strong social behaviour, a leader in problem solving skills, a model to their team
- Strong computer skills, inputting and managing POS software
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Regular work week Thursday through Monday, some evenings
- Shoulder Season: Near Full-Time / High Season: Full-Time
- Majority of time spent at the tasting bar or ‘on the floor’
- Computer / desk time
- Some travel, off-site functions, meetings, special events and tastings
- Physically fit to meet the position’s requirements of standing for long periods, lifting up to 40lbs repeatedly and comfortable with working indoors and outdoors
- Must be available to work holidays
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
To learn more about Arrowleaf Cellars, please visit arrowleafcellars.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posting Expires: February 20, 2019
TASTING ROOM SERVER | BENCH 1775 WINERY
Tasting Room Server
Description: Are you looking to start an exciting new career in the B.C Wine Industry? Bench 1775 Winery is looking for Full & Part time Tasting Room Servers to work this 2019 Season. Our Tasting Room Servers main role is to provide the best experience by engaging our customers with wine education through sampling Bench 1775 Wines.
We are looking for individuals who are organized, adaptive to fast paced environments and willing to learn. Shifts will require working on the weekends and holidays from March 2019- November 2019. You must be physically able to lift items up to 50 lbs and able stand on your feet for up to 8 hours. Reliable transportation is necessary as we’re located half way up Naramata road. There is no need to have previous wine training however the love for wine is a must!
- Wage- $16/hour
- Requirements- Serving It Right
If you’re interested, please forward you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting expires: April 01, 2019