For Immediate Release:
June 14, 2018
Suggested Tweet: Celebrity winemakers & chefs descend on the Okanagan June 23 for BC’s largest wine and food outdoor festival @WineBCdotcom #ChefMeetsBCGrape @SeeYaLaterRanch
British Columbia – Celebrity chefs from across Canada and award-winning BC wineries descend on the Okanagan Valley to celebrate local wine and cuisine at the Wines of British Columbia’s Chef Meets BC Grape Taste of the Okanagan wine and food festival, in its second season at the beautiful See Ya Later Ranch Winery June 23.
Chef Meets BC Grape Okanagan Taste of the Okanagan is a one-day, festival-style outdoor extravaganza in the heart of BC wine country. The event is designed to celebrate the best of BC wine and food – highlighting all things grown, crushed, raised and produced in British Columbia.
With more than 150 BC VQA Wines to sample and 12 food stations with plates prepared by the country’s top chefs, guests will meander throughout the vineyards and vistas of BC wine country for a day of wine education seminars, chef demonstrations, wine and food pairings, and live entertainment.
“This event offers the perfect opportunity for vinophiles and foodies to indulge their taste buds and mingle with Food Network stars, iconic BC winemakers, top winery chefs and local experts while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of BC wine country.” notes Miles Prodan, President & CEO of the BC Wine Institute.
Guest speakers will include Global TV’s Sonia Sunger, who will kick off the event with BC sparkling wine sabering at the VIP reception. Top Chef Canada head judge Mark McEwan and Master of Wine Rhys Pender return for the second year to lead wine and food pairing demonstrations throughout the day showcasing local Okanagan produce. Celebrated sommelier Mike Lee will lead wine education seminars in partnership with Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country and the Westside Wine Trail.
“This is going to be my second trip to the Okanagan Valley for Chef Meets BC Grape where great chefs come together to cook and do seminars, and great winemakers come out to show you their craft. And we all get to meet at See Ya Later Ranch, which is one of the most picturesque spots I’ve ever been to. I’ll be doing some cooking demos on the cliff’s edge, and the view behind me is spectacular!” exclaims McEwan. “We’re going to have a blast.”
Joining McEwan in the lineup of celebrity chefs are other Food Network stars; Trevor Bird, Matthew Stowe and Jinhee Lee. Also participating are 11 top BC winery chefs and three notable chefs from the winning restaurants of Calgary’s Chef Meets BC Grape 2018.
Create a memorable journey this summer in BC wine country, and savour all that is BC at this star-studded premier event.
For event details and general tickets visit WineBC.com.
8TH GENERATION VINEYARD
BENCH 1775 WINERY
BLACK SAGE VINEYARD
BORDERTOWN VINEYARDS AND ESTATE WINERY
BURROWING OWL ESTATE WINERY
CEDARCREEK ESTATE WINERY
CHECKMATE ARTISANAL WINERY
CRESCENT HILL WINERY
DESERT HILLS ESTATE WINERY
DIRTY LAUNDRY VINEYARD
EAU VIVRE WINERY
HESTER CREEK ESTATE WINERY
HOWLING BLUFF ESTATE WINERY
JACKSON TRIGGS WINERY
KISMET ESTATE WINERY LTD.
KRAZE LEGZ WINERY
LITTLE STRAW VINEYARDS ESTATE WINERY
DA SILVA VINEYARDS AND WINERY
MOON CURSER VINEYARDS
MT. BOUCHERIE WINERY
OLIVER TWIST ESTATE WINERY
PAINTED ROCK ESTATE WINERY
QUAILS’ GATE WINERY
RIVER STONE ESTATE WINERY
RUST WINE CO.
SEE YA LATER RANCH
STAG’S HOLLOW WINERY & VINEYARD
THE VIEW WINERY & VINEYARD
TINHORN CREEK VINEYARDS
UPPER BENCH ESTATE WINERY & CREAMERY
WILD GOOSE VINEYARDS & WINERY
- Mark McEwan, Restaurateur, Retailer, Author, Chef and Head Judge Top Chef Canada
- Trevor Bird, Fable Kitchen & Fable Diner, Vancouver – Finalist Top Chef Canada: All-Stars 2017 and Finalist Top Chef Canada Season 2
- Matthew Stowe, Winner Top Chef Canada Season 3
- Rod Butters, Terrafina at Hester Creek by RauDZ, RauDZ Regional Table, Micro Bar + Bites and Sunny’s Diner
- Stephen Blackburn, Chef The Sonora Room at Burrowing Owl, Director of culinary operations Vintage Hospitality’s properties
- Roger Sleiman, Old Vines at Quails’ Gate Winery
- Matt Martin, Liquidity Bistro at Liquidity Wines
- Ben Overland, Great Estates Okanagan Chef See Ya Later Ranch
- Patrick Khatri, Black Sage Bistro at Desert Hills Estate Winery
- Jinhee Lee, Foreign Concept, Calgary – Winner Gold Medal Plates Canadian Championships 2017
- Duncan Ly, Foreign Concept, Calgary – 2010 and 2013 Gold Medal Plates Champion, Silver & Bronze Medalist in 2008, 2009, 2012; 2018 Chef Meets BC Grape Consumers’ Choice Winner
- Peter Paiva, Raw Bar, Calgary – 2018 Chef Meets BC Grape Best Pairing Winner
- Katarina Edwards, Yellow Door Bistro, Calgary – 2018 Chef Meets BC Grape Best Dish Winner
- Sonia Sunger, Anchor Global TV Morning News
- Rhys Pender MW, Winegrower, educator, judge, writer, and Canada’s youngest Master of Wine, one of only 300 Masters of Wine worldwide
- Mike Lee, certified sommelier and wine educator
- Ravi Kapur, Iron Chef Competitor, Best New Chef 2016 Food & Wine, James Beard Semi Finalist, owner and Executive Chef LihoLiho Yacht Club, San Francisco
- Christian Zhang, Shanghai-based sommelier, winner 2017 Canadian Wine Sommelier Championship in Greater China hosted by the Canadian Embassy, Global Affairs Canada, and Consulate General of Canada